Stage 4 Restrictions - and what they mean for Sanctuary Lakes Shopping Centre
As announced by the Victorian Government, from 11.59pm Wednesday 5th August there will be a number of significant changes at Sanctuary Lakes Shopping Centre as Stage 4 restrictions are introduced across Metropolitan Melbourne. These changes will be in place for at least six weeks.
The Victorian Government has stated that shopping centres can remain open during this time. As such, Sanctuary Lakes Shopping Centre remains open, operating at significantly reduced levels to provide access to permitted retail for our community, should you choose to visit us.
The Stage 4 restrictions will see many of our retailers temporarily close for at least six weeks. The following essential goods and services are permitted to continue to trade during this time:
- Supermarkets and grocery shops, including all food and liquor shops
- Convenience stores and newsagents
- Medical centres for appointments that cannot be undertaken virtually
- Retailers working onsite for the purposes of fulfilling online orders
- Restaurants and cafes for delivery and contactless takeaway only
- Bank branches
- Medicare and/or Centrelink
- Laundry and dry cleaners
- Telecommunication services
- Maternity supplies
- Post offices
- Fuel retailing
- Hardware, building and garden supplies retailing for tradespeople
- Specialist stationery services for business use
- Disability and health equipment, mobility services
- Security services
- Building maintenance, cleaning
- Road transport (i.e. freight and couriers)
Although these retailers are permitted to trade, some retailers may make the decision to temporarily close or otherwise reduce their hours. We encourage you to check with each individual retailer for their current trading hours.
Please note that our café and restaurant retailers are permitted to remain open,offering takeaway and home delivery services only.
All other stores are considered non-essential under the Stage 4 restrictions and must close for trade from Thursday 6th August. For further detail on the business restrictions announced by the Victorian Government, we encourage you to visit https://www.vic.gov.au/coronavirus-covid-19-restrictions-victoria
Mandatory Face Coverings
If you choose to visit us during this time, please remember that you must wear a face covering at all times when visiting our Centre, unless:
- You are under the age of 12 years
- You have a medical condition that prohibits the wearing of a face covering
- For professional reasons
To help keep our entire community safe, please be sure to bring an appropriate face covering with you when you next visit Sanctuary Lakes Shopping Centre.
Thank you for your ongoing patience and understanding as we all adjust to these new measures and navigate the changes together with kindness and compassion.
Keeping our community safe
As has been the case throughout the entire COVID-19 crisis, the health and well being of our customers, staff, retailers and contractors is our number one priority.
We continue to implement and maintain stringent precautionary measures to keep our entire community safe. These include:
- A strengthened focus on disinfecting commonly touched areas, sanitising high-touch points with high-grade disinfectant throughout the Centre.
- Hand sanitisation stations at each entrance of the Centre.
- Placing Australian Government-issued information posters in our bathrooms, and throughout the Centre which outline crucial information on how you can help stop the spread of COVID-19.
- Signage and floor decals throughout the Centre, reminding our community to keep 1.5 metres between themselves and others at all times, including when queuing or moving through the Centre.
- Regular Centre PA announcements reminding our customers of social distancing rules and recommended COVID-19 hygiene guidelines.
- Reminding our community to adhere to government mandates to wear a face covering while outside of the home, unless there’s a valid reason not to.
- Working closely with our retail partners to help ensure that we are all playing our part to keep our shared environments safe.
While we are doing what we can to help protect the health of our community, we all have a part to play in keeping our community safe, and that means:
- Practice social distancing while you are at the Centre and always keep at least 1.5 metres between yourself and others.
- Maintain a high level of personal hygiene. Wash your hands regularly(take advantage of our hand sanitisation stations located at each entrance of the Centre) and safely cover your cough or sneeze.
- Wear a face covering, unless you have a valid reason not to, and follow all government directives and advice.
- Most importantly, stay at home if you are feeling unwell, are awaiting test results, or are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms.
As always, we are closely monitoring public health updates and are prepared to act quickly should the advice change. Once again, the health and safety of our community is our overriding priority.
Planning your visit
As part of the Stage 4 restrictions,you can only travel up to 5km from your home to shop for necessary goods and services, and only one person from your household can leave home to shop once per day. Please keep this in mind if you are planning on visiting Sanctuary Lakes Shopping Centre for your essential needs. For more information on the Stage 4 restrictions, we encourage you to visit https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/stage-4-restrictions-covid-19.
If you’re planning on visiting Sanctuary Lakes Shopping Centre for your essential shopping, it’s important to plan your trip in advance to help keep our community safe. Here are some things to think about when planning your visit:
- Avoid visiting the Centre at peak times
- Check store trading hours and individual conditions of entry in advance
- Pre-book health and other appointments
- Wear a face covering
- Most importantly, if you are feeling unwell or are awaiting test results, stay at home.