- Combine vinegar, oil, garlic, sugar, thyme leaves and lemon rind in a jug and whisk until sugar dissolves.
- Add sliced onion, then season with sea salt flakes and cracked black pepper and mix well.
- Place lamb chops in a non-metallic dish, pour marinade over, cover and marinate for up to 4 hours.
- Remove chops from marinade, reserving marinade and onion.
- Heat a barbecue or chargrill over medium-high heat. Cook chops for 3 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, put reserved marinade in a saucepan with 1/3 cup water and simmer until onion is softened and liquid has reduced.
- Serve lamb with onion relish, lettuce, cucumber and corn.
- Tip: This marinade will work beautifully with beef cuts such as rump or porterhouse, and chicken cuts such as thighs, wings and Maryland's.